Monday, June 15, 2015

Llarowe: A Box, Indied (June Edition)

Hello everyone! This is my first "A Box, Indied" from Llrowe. For the month of June the theme was 'Nauti(cal).' According to their website, you get "a themed monthly subscription box containing 5 exclusive full sized polishes or nail related items from 11 collaborating indie polish makers." This is a pretty sweet way to try multiple polishes from different makers. You can buy the nail polishes separately, but since some polishes run upwards of $14 you have the potential to save up to $20 with the $50 monthly subscription. I also enjoy having nail polishes selected for me as it forces me to try colors and finishes I wouldn't normally go with. Anyways, above you can see the box that the polishes came in. The box itself of course came inside of a USPS package. I feel like it is such a nice box, I may have to repurpose it for something else.


The polishes themselves were individually wrapped with what I can only describe as heavy tissue paper. I'm not exactly sure what the material is, but it definitely holds up to shipping.


Here are the unwrapped polishes along with a card that came inside the box. The brands and colors included for the month of June are as follows (from left to right):
Different Dimension - Ships Ahoy
Hare - Abalone Shores
Serum No. 5 - Whale Hello There!
Girly Bits - Pirate Booty
CbL - Stormy Seas


I must say I am quite pleased with all of the colors/finishes I received. At first I was a little unsure about the coloring with 'Whale Hello There!' as it seems rather bland at first glance, but turn off the lights and BAM! It glows in the dark! Super neat!

I have yet to try these colors out, but I should be redoing my nails either Friday or Saturday and will experiment with them then. I may also do a follow up post rating these polishes individually. Have a great week everyone!


Daily Nuggets...
  • Bethesda had the most awesome E3 showcase yesterday! The Fallout 4 release date has been moved up to November 10th 2015. I'll attach the link below for those who are interested...

  • Took my social psychology exam this morning, so I only have my biology final on Wednesday!
  • I have been hearing strange sounds on the roof. My life might be turning into an Alfred Hitchcock film. #TheBirds


No comments:

Post a Comment