Sunday, June 21, 2015

Deep Sea Treasure

Hi everyone! This week I've used two polishes out of my "A Box, Indied" for June to create an ultra glamorous nautical look. I've decided to call this look Deep Sea Treasure. I thought up a scenario behind this one. A pirate ship carrying a chest full of gold comes under siege in the Caribbean. While the ship goes down, the chest breaks open, laying its bounty on the crystal-blue sea floor.


For the base I used "Ships Ahoy" from DIFFERENT dimension, which is a blue linear holographic with glass flecks mixed in. You can definitely use this color alone, but I recommend at least two coats if doing so. On top I added "Pirate Booty," which is luxurious hexagonal gold glitter suspended in a clear base. This makes it perfect for top coats if you want to kick your polish up a notch. 


My favorite thing about these two polishes is the glam factor. Sometimes it's nice to do a flat creme, but during the summer when the sun is more prevalent, I love glitter and holo polishes that dazzle in the light. This is my first time trying these brands so I'll see what the staying power is and update this post in a week.


Daily Nuggets...
  • I got a free mocha this morning at the Rainy Days Caffe (10th stamp).
  • It would be nice to start getting up early again, just hopefully no 5am car side-swipes this time. 
  • Summer quarter starts in 10 days. *grumble grumble grumble*
  • I love buying journals/notebooks. I get a profound sense of possibility leafing through the blank pages.
  • Time to organize mega desk.        

No comments:

Post a Comment