Saturday, June 27, 2015

Double Rainbow

Hi everyone! For this week's nail look I went with Black Gold, Texas Tea by CbL. I did two coats (waited 5min in between) and this morning I added a top glossy coat of Seche Vite to add shine and prevent from my nails from chipping. In natural indoor lighting this color looks like a dark gunmetal grey, almost black. I always use a base coat for whatever nail look I'm doing, but with this color it is a must since highly pigmented or dark nail polishes can stain your nails. 

 
While Black Gold, Texas Tea can look a little dull indoors, get this puppy in some lighting and BAM! COLOR EXPLOSION! Since this polish is a linear holo, in sunlight (or using the flash on my camera), a rainbow prism appears creating so much dimension it's like being sucked into a black hole. I must warn you that this color can be very distracting, so I probably wouldn't recommend it if you have issues with staying on task. That said, I will definitely be using this color again, just maybe not during finals week. 


Daily Nuggets...
  • I switched to the IPhone 6 Plus. That thing is a monster in my hands but I've noticed I have a harder time losing it.
  • My abs are super sore from working out yesterday. TRX is my new frenemy. 
  • 75 Days until the wedding! Time is going by scary fast. Before I know it I'll be doing a blog post about how the wedding went. 
  • Speaking of scary fast, summer quarter starts in 4 days and I have yet to purchase my abnormal psychology book or pay for the class. I should probably get on that.
  • We finally got a grill! I don't know how to work it, but maybe Ken will teach me when I'm not so distracted by my nail polish. 
      

No comments:

Post a Comment